Strengthen Your Career in Veterinary Forensic Sciences
In partnership with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the UF College of Veterinary Medicine, the UF Maples Center for Forensic Medicine is proud to offer an online master’s degree and graduate certificate program in veterinary forensic sciences.
Benefits of UF’s online Veterinary Forensic Sciences Graduate Program
In the last several years, the penalties for animal cruelty convictions have gone from non-offenses to misdemeanor and felony offenses, which can carry significant sentences. As such, juries expect animal forensic investigations to present the same kind of evidence as human forensic investigations.
This program is tailored for working professionals. Online courses are convenient and affordable. Students are accepted to the program year-round, so they can apply and start when it is best for their life and career.
Students will learn how to:
- Recognize animal abuse
- Properly document and process animal crime scenes
- Handle and analyze forensic evidence
- Collect and analyze entomological evidence
- Understand animal cruelty law
- Navigate the legal principles of forensic evidence
- Interact with the legal community
Who is this program for?
Professionals in the forensic science and veterinary medicine field will benefit the most from this program, along with master’s-level students in biology, zoology, wildlife, and natural resource conservation fields. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Practicing veterinarians and veterinary technicians
- Criminal justice professionals
- Individuals involved in shelter medicine operations
- Animal control officers
- Law enforcement officials
- Forensic investigators