Mandatory Department Application
To earn a graduate certificate in Veterinary Forensics, participants must be registered as certificate students with the UF College administering the certificate. The application must be submitted complete by the term deadline (Key Dates)
The Certificate in Veterinary Forensics is administered through the UF College of Veterinary Medicine. A baccalaureate degree (a 4-year degree) in a natural science subject from an accredited institution is required to earn a certificate. If you have a DVM and no undergraduate degree, the DVM will serve as the basis for admission.
Upon successful completion of the courses required for the certificate program, students will receive a University of Florida Certificate from the College of Veterinary Medicine in Veterinary Forensic Science. All courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher (C- will not count) and an overall GPA of 3.0 (B) or higher to be eligible to earn the certificate.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to the University of Florida for a certificate in Veterinary Forensics.
Complete the Certificate application form.
*If you are a current masters student, apply here (link to https://www.isis.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/eaglec?page=ise-certmn)
When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- Keep the temporary username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
- Provide all of the requested personal information
- The $30 application fee should be paid with the submission of the online application.
- If you already have a UFID please provide it. If you do not, leave that section blank, as you will be issued a UFID
- International Applicants
- You must enter your surname and given name in the Passport Name section even if you do not have a passport
- If you reside in the United States, you must provide a copy of your Permanent Resident Card or Visa to the Office of Admissions
- Under Certificate select the following:
- Level – Graduate
- College – Veterinary Medicine
- Select Veterinary Forensic Science from the list of certificates
- Enter all of the colleges or universities you have attended.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts. Our department will not receive your application until your transcripts are received (either official or unofficial). Please note that you will not be admitted until your official transcripts are received.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the "Residency Information" section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver's License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.
All students must have original, sealed transcripts sent to the University of Florida to verify all coursework taken after high school.
Domestic Applicants Only
If either your Bachelor’s or graduate degree(s) were earned in the United States, please see the transcript requirement below.
Transcripts can be sent via post or electronically. Request official, original transcripts from every school that you reported on the UF Graduate Application in Step 2.
Send transcripts via post to the following address:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Send electronic transcripts directly FROM the institution TO the UF Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The institution must use one of the following verified companies to submit transcripts or the transcripts cannot be considered valid and official:
Parchment, Faster, National Student Clearinghouse, Transcripts Plus, Credential Solutions, or E-script/Scrip-Safe.
If one of these companies cannot be used transcripts must be sent via post.
- Former UF students who haven't attended any school after UF do not need to request transcripts.
- If you are not finished with your Bachelor’s degree yet, please send a transcript with the finalized degree showing it was earned. Receipt of this transcript must be received and processed before a decision can be made on the application.
International Applicants Only
If either your bachelor's or graduate degree(s) were earned outside of the United States, please see the transcript and diploma requirement below.
Graduate applicants must submit an official copy in the native language of each transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate from each university or college attended. If the native language for the documents is not English, certified, literal (exact) English translations are required. The English translation may come from your university or may be completed by a certified translator.
University of Florida
Attn: Entrepreneurial Programs
2046 NE Waldo Rd, Rm 2200
Gainesville FL 32609
*We must have your original diploma verifying that the degrees reported were earned. We keep the diploma locked and safe until after your application materials are processed and an application decision can be made. Once a decision is made, we will send your diploma back to you via first class mail. While the University of Florida handles all documents with care, we are not responsible for documents that are lost or damaged in the mail.
Note: If you are not in the Gainesville area, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process.