Mandatory Department Application
The MS in Veterinary Forensic Sciences is administered through the UF College of Veterinary Medicine. A baccalaureate degree (a 4-year degree) in a natural science subject from an accredited institution is required to be considered for admission.. If you have a DVM and no undergraduate degree, the DVM will serve as the basis for admission.
Please make sure that the application is completed and submitted by the term deadline (Key Dates).
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to the University of Florida for a Master's Degree in Veterinary Forensics.
Complete the UF graduate application.
When submitting the application, please note:
- Keep the temporary username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
- Letters of recommendation are not required or considered in the decision process.
- Follow all instructions carefully and complete all sections.
- The $30 application fee can be paid with the submission of the online application.
- Select the correct College and Major and type of concentration under the “Degree Programs” portion of the application by using the following information:
|Program of study||Veterinary Med Science – Distance Learning||Veterinary Forensic Science|
(optional) type in
|Veterinary Forensic Science|
The GRE Requirement: For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- We require only the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE to be taken and reported. Please see score requirements below.
- Once you’ve taken the GRE, the scores can take up to six weeks to arrive and be processed within the Office of Admissions. Please take this into account when you schedule your GRE. We recommend taking the exam no later than the early application deadline for the term you are applying to.
- An exemption for the GRE may be granted if you have earned a previous graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. If you have a graduate or professional degree from an international institution, you must take and submit GRE scores. There is no exception..
- If you are earning a graduate-level degree but will not have it completed by the application deadline for the term you applied for, you are not exempt from the GRE.
Having the GRE sent to the University of Florida
All applicants must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official GRE test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812.
- Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports, or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
- Once you've taken the exam and/or had your scores sent, please allow up to six weeks for them to arrive and process within the Office of Admissions.
- GRE scores remain active for five years. If the applicant has not taken the GRE within this five year time limit, he or she must retake it.
- Students who have earned a graduate or professional degree from an accredited university in the U.S. are exempt.
How the GRE affects your application
The overall GRE score is taken into account along with other factors such as undergraduate GPA, grades from other graduate courses, and experience.
To be competitive, applicants should have scores as shown below:
|Exam Section||New GRE Scores (after Aug. 2011)|
The English Language Skill Requirements for Admission: International Applicants Only
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council–approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the graduate school's list of English speaking countries.
Having the TOEFL or English Language Test sent to the University of Florida
All applicants must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official TOEFL test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812.
Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports, or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
Minimum Scores Required
To be considered for the master's degree, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
|TOEFL Exam Type||Required Score|
All students must have official, sealed transcripts sent to the Office of Admission as a portion of the application materials. The transcripts sent should correlate to the schools listed on your application (Step 2).
- Former UF students who haven't attended any school after UF do not need to request transcripts.
- If you are not finished with your bachelor's degree yet, please send a transcript with the finalized degree showing it was earned. Receipt of this transcript must be received and processed before a decision can be made on the application.
Requesting Transcripts: Domestic Applicants Only
If either your bachelor's or graduate degree(s) were earned in the United States, please see the transcript requirement below.
Transcripts can be sent via post or electronically. Request official, original transcripts from every school that you reported on the UF Graduate Application in Step 2.
Send transcripts via post to the following address:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Send electronic transcripts directly FROM the institution TO the UF Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The institution must use one of the following verified companies to submit transcripts or the transcripts cannot be considered valid and official:
Parchment, Faster, National Student Clearinghouse, Transcripts Plus, Credential Solutions, or E-script/Scrip-Safe.
If one of these companies cannot be used transcripts must be sent via post.
Transcript/Mark Sheet and Diploma/Degree Certificate: International Applicants
If either your bachelor's or graduate degree(s) were earned outside of the United States, please see the transcript and diploma requirement below.
Graduate applicants must submit an official, original document in the native language of each transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate from each university or college attended. If the native language for the documents is not English, certified, literal (exact) English translations are required. The English translation may come from your university or may be completed by a certified translator.
Your transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate with English translations (if required) should be assembled by you and sent to the address below in one package. If you would like your transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate returned to you, you must provide a return shipping label and return packaging in the package that you send. You must also include this checklist, filled out, in the package that you send containing your documents.
Packages must be sent to:
University of Florida
Attn: Entrepreneurial Programs
2046 NE Waldo Rd, Rm 2200
Gainesville FL 32609
We must have your original diploma verifying that the degrees reported were earned. We keep the diploma locked and safe until after your application materials are processed and an application decision can be made. Once a decision is made, we will send your diploma back to you via the label and packaging that you provide. While the University of Florida handles all documents with care, we are not responsible for documents that are lost or damaged in the mail.
Note: If you are not in the Gainesville area, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Master’s Degree Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process.